Reality Changers is a new college preparatory program offered to 8th-11th graders at Micah House. The program features academic counseling, ambulance tutoring and assistance with paperwork. The program is designed to help each student prepare for college.
For 8th, 9th and 10th graders, the program tracks academic progress including college preparatory coursework and exploring college and career options. For 11th and 12th graders, the program helps narrow down college choices, prepare for entrance exams (SAT/ACT), and identify scholarship opportunities.
The program is FREE to qualified Micah House students, but they must be fully committed in order to participate in the program. To enter the program, they must agree to:
- participate fully in the program
- maintain good grades (3.0 GPA)
- maintain satisfactory school attendance
- serve 25 hours of community service each academic year
- serve 25 hours at Micah House
- participate in at least one organized school activity
- avoid gangs, drugs/alcohol and sexual misconduct
- avoid a negative behavior record at school
Registration in Reality Changers at Micah House is limited, and will be honored on a first-come first-served basis. Parents/guardians must agree to participate in the program.
Monet Stewart, a Jr. High Teacher in the San Bernardino School District will be overseeing this program.
For more info you can contact Monet at email@example.com or Chelsea Mackie at firstname.lastname@example.org